There are many ways to tone your arms during pregnancy. Many doctors suggest that it is best not to do heavy lifting throughout pregnancy, especially the third trimester. However, it is absolutely safe to do body weight exercises and/or lifting with light weights.
Try this exercise video to keep your arms toned during pregnancy. Thanks to 30 week pregnant Libby Aker for being my fit pregnancy model 🙂
Tone your arms during pregnancy by doing the following exercises:
- Arm circles: Hold your arms out parallel to the ground and move them in a circular motion. Start with small circles, transition to medium, and finish with large circles.
- Push ups: Start in plank position and lower your chest down to the ground by bending your elbows to 90 degrees. If necessary, modify and stay on your knees versus toes.
- Traveling push ups: Same position as regular push ups, but start with your right one hand in the middle left hand to the left. Do a push up and immediately transfer your left hand to the middle and right hand off to the right.
- Tricep dips: Sit with your arms straight beside you and point your hands toward your butt. Raise your torso parallel to the ground. Using your triceps, dip down and touch your butt to the ground.
- Baby chest press. Grab the closest baby and do a chest press. Lay on your back and keep your knees bent. Safely lift the baby and play “superman” with her. The babies think it’s a game and your arms will strenghten in the process.
5 thoughts on “Five Ways to Tone Your Arms During Pregnancy”
Love it! Quick and easy to do at home. Thanks 😉
wow! great workout! even though i’m not pregnant i can’t wait to try this out! im always looking for new things to do to give me alittle guidance!! thanks for sharing! SPA love!!
Thanks Jenna! Don’t worry, you don’t need to be pregnant to try it 🙂 Lol. If you are looking for more arm workouts, visit my exercise video page too! https://fitpregnancyandparenting.com/exercise-videos/
Lying down after first trimester is not recommended so the last exercise is not feasible.