It’s almost a New Year! I enjoyed an absolutely amazing 2015 and can honestly say it was the best year yet. I can also say it was my most challenging, exhausting, and rewarding year ever. If you’ve been connected with me on social media for any time, you are familiar with the highlights, but here is a quick recap!
- Had the opportunity to empower thousands of female entrepreneurs to be successful.
- Ramped up passive and residual income streams to total over 6 figures.
- Had the opportunity to give back to family, church and community more than ever before.
- Hired an executive assistant, business coach, and social media optimizer for my team.
- Engaged in a year-long coaching relationship with my business coach.
- Developed new products and courses and ramped up my personal brand (amandatress.com).
- Attended two marketing events and met some amazing professionals.
- Established an effective daily routine to move my business forward.
- Created a year-long business accelerator for women who are truly serious about being successful long-term.
A few lowlights from this past year included having to let go of a few toxic relationships that were holding me back, and overbooking client appointments causing a work/life imbalance through the summer and fall.
Out of the 45% of Americans who set New Year’s Resolutions, only 8% actually keep them the entire year. We can do better than that! This year, I am focusing on one word, and setting my goals around that word. I am then writing down specific action steps and monthly goals. Remember, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Pick a word, set goals, and make small changes. My word for 2016 is GROWTH.
Here are my Top 5 Tips to Following Through on Your Goals:
1. Focus on one word for 2016. Set up small daily, weekly, and monthly goals to help you stick with your resolutions.
2. Find an accountability partner or supportive community. Whether you join one of my bootcamps and online communities, business mentorship program, Team INSPIRE, or ask a friend to hold you accountable, be sure you partner with someone who believes in you, inspires you, and supports you daily.
3. Create SMART goals. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely.
4. Find your Why. Have a heart-to-heart conversation with yourself and ask the hard questions. Why do you want to achieve these goals? When you find your WHY, you’ll find your HOW.
5. Rejoice in your successes — even the small ones.
My mission for 2016 is to empower female entrepreneurs to generate significant income with the purpose of recirculating wealth to family, church, and community. I will continue to primarily work with females. Women will spend 90 percent of her income on family and community. Conversely, men will only spend an average of 30%-40% of his salary on his family and community. I believe that investing in women and helping her ramp up a successful business is the most important way to solve problems in the world.
I will focus on helping the women in my programs generate scalable, passive, and residual income via a work-from home scenario. My goal is to equip the women in my programs to maintain family, life, and career balance with a clear strategy to give back. The ladies in my program will receive individualized and personalized support unique to their goals and needs. In addition to new group courses and programs, I will offer in-person events and more one-on-one VIP services this year.
My strengths are both digital marketing and business coaching. I will continue to refine my strengths while building verticals and divisions within my company. My goal is to hire staffers to round out my team and fill the gaps where applicable. My business will only be as good as the team members I recruit to work alongside me.
I’ve hired a head of content and social media optimizer to start on my team in the new year (official announcement to come soon), and my hope is to also onboard several women from the Philippines to help with marketing projects.
With my new marketing staffers, I will be able to serve more small business owners and help with Facebook and Instagram ads, website projects, eBooks, eCourse, printable worksheets, online training programs, social media content calendars, social media community management, email blast campaigns and freemiums.
With my overarching goal of “GROWTH” in mind, here is a more specific breakdown of my goals for 2016:
- Earn six figures via passive and residual income streams from my fitness business to invest back into my marketing company.
- Ramp up the marketing agency side of my business which will enable me to hire more full time leaders for my team and a group of women in the Philippines to help with marketing projects.
- Enjoy one power hour and one hour of margin each day – no exceptions.
- Take at least 20 days OFF this year and spend more time with the kiddos at the condo in FL. It is hard for me to find balance and truly rest since I work from home.
- Read at least one professional development book per month (12 total). Additionally, listen to professional development podcasts each day for at least 20 minutes.
- Gain 2 customers and 2 coaches per month for the BeachBody leg of my Business (Team INSPIRE).
- Tithe at our new church consistently.
- Give to charity or a person in need consistently.
- Work on unplugging after 5 p.m. to spend more focused time with the kiddos.
- Go on at least one date with Brandon each week and learn how to ballroom dance together.
What are your goals for the new year? Are you focusing on one word in 2016? I would love to hear your feedback and advice as I seek to accomplish my goals this year as well! Best wishes.
One thought on “My Goals for 2016”
Congrats on your 2015 accomplishments. 2016 will be greater.