Happy Friday! So, I apparently hit the snooze button and woke up 2.5 hours late. Whoops! Emma and Cole are usually up fairy early, and they both were sound asleep when I woke up too – I guess we all needed the extra sleep! We are looking forward to a fun weekend celebrating daddy’s birthday.
My clients are often asking me for healthy snack ideas. I wanted to post a few of my absolutely favorite snacks right now. What would you add to the list?
- Almonds and dark chocolate. Yum!!! I’m always looking for a great snack on the go. I put raw almonds into snack baggies with a few small pieces of Ghirardelli dark chocolate.
- Banana with natural peanut butter. Gosh, I’m obsessed with peanut butter right now. I love cutting up a banana and putting a dab of peanut butter on it – delish.
- Sweet potato. Who doesn’t love a beautifully baked sweet potato? I used to put these in the microwave for a quick snack, but now that I’ve discovered the baking method, I can’t go back. I spear the potato, put it on a cookie sheet, bake at 450 degrees for a full hour. Soooo good!
- Protein shake. I’ve been eating at least one protein or meal replacement shake per day and loving it! My favorite currently is a Peanut Butter and Jelly shake — 1 scoop peanut butter, 10 cubes of ice, 1/2 cup of almond milk, 15 red grapes, 1 scoop vanilla Shakeology — amazing! I also like my Mocha Protein Coffee shake — 8 ounces cold coffee, ice, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 scoop chocolate protein — perfection.
- And of course, there’s my favorite healthy snack in under one minute. Buy an organic apple. Take the sticker off the apple. Throw out the apple. Put the sticker on a donut. Enjoy.
What are you favorite snacks currently?