If money and time were no object, what career field would you choose? If you could spend all day with one type of person, who would that be? If you could influence everyone you know to be the very best version of themselves, would that fulfill you? These are questions I have been asking myself since my 28th birthday. I wrote a listing of goals on my birthday, and I reference the list often. Below, I have listed the goals that I’ve accomplished in the past 4 months.
- Streamline my businesses and cut back on jobs that are not quite as financially profitable and/or take too much time away from family time.
- Teach Cole how to walk and talk.
- Continue to develop my business mentorship program and help at least 25-30 women start their own business and website so they can realize their dream of being self-employed and working from home with the kiddos.
- Plan and go on a kid-free vacation with just the hubs.
- Land one or two additional larger clients for my digital marketing business so I can focus on a few larger companies versus so many small businesses.
- Teach Emma how to play soccer.
- Install a pool or work on contentment.
- Invite my neighbors to church.
- Wear sunblock on my face every day.
- Continue building into the lives of our friends and hanging out at least 2 times per month with other couples.
- Continue serving on the greeting team at church and consider more involvement.
- Complete a few online and in-person boot camps to get as many women fit and healthy as possible.
- Decide on a new pre-bedtime snack (versus salty popcorn that isn’t helping the appearance of bags under my eyes, LOL).
- Landscape the outside of our house.
- Slow time down and enjoy every possible minute (that doesn’t include poopy diapers) with Emma and Baby Cole.
Most all of the goals I created for myself center around my main priorities — faith, family, and fitness. This past year has been full of change and excitement — we built a house, installed a pool, started getting more involved at church and in our community, and I’ve experienced several new career projects, clients, and initiatives. What I’ve realized this year, is if I keep my priorities as the main focus, I will experience “success.” What I’ve also realized is that success for me has very little to do with material riches, and more to do with inspiring others and caring for my family.
In the past few months, I have made some tough decisions and stepped down from some opportunities that I thought were a “perfect fit” for me because I realized that they got in the way of my main priorities — faith, family, and fitness. Each time I step down from something, a much better opportunity comes knocking — one where I don’t have to compromise my priorities. As you’ve read from my post last week, I recently discontinued an awesome marketing client project, and God immediately opened a door for me to pursue a partnership with Beachbody. After years of skepticism toward the company, I decided to be open to the opportunity of linking arms with them. Wow, am I glad I did! In the past two weeks, I have generated $1320 as a direct result of my partnership with the company. After only two weeks, I feel confident enough about the earning potential moving forward that I am going to step down from another large client who is taking time away from important priorities. Through my Beachbody partnership, I’ve been able to enroll 23 amazing professionals to join my team. This allows me the opportunity to mentor and train these professionals via my business mentorship program. The coaches on my team are the kind of people who I want to spend my day with — motivated, fit, passionate young people with a desire to succeed and influence others.
Not only have I been able to build into my team, but I’ve enrolled several current BB coaches into my business mentorship program for a small fee. It has been so awesome to meet new young professionals and help them take their business to the next level online. I have worked to expand their brands past simply BB — together we’ve created websites, started blogs, applied for important fitness networks, learned how to market on social media, gotten a feel for SEO basics, and landed clients.
This week I was also reminded again how lucky I am to have a supportive husband! He is not only willing, but enthusiastic about supporting me in all of my endeavors. The more I interact with women, the more I realize how blessed I truly am to be married to Brandon. He wants me to be the best version of myself and works to support my passions. I think we make a pretty great team!
So — I’ll ask again. If money and time were no object, what career field would you choose? If you could spend all day with one type of person, who would that be? If you could influence everyone you know to be the very best version of themselves, would that fulfill you? If so, submit your information below and chat with me for 5 minutes about my business mentorship program and/or my Beachbody team. If you’re willing and ready to have a chat – let’s connect. I would love to inspire you and help you experience success.