We are in FL on vacation! It’s so nice to be relaxing in warmer weather (it was -1 in OH when we flew out). The hubs and I left Miss Emma with Nana and did a day trip to celebrate Valentine’s Day a little early. We will be on vacation for 8 days total and hope to visit Naples and maybe Orlando.
The past few months have been a whirlwind, but so great. I have so many fun projects in the works, and feel so blessed to be able to work primarily from home on my digital marketing and online PT businesses. Here is what I have going on currently:
- Tress Marketing Solutions (digital marketing): I have some amazing digital marketing clients including a university, fitness brands, a sporting goods store, divorce care business, nutrition business, and more. I love consulting with and providing services for these companies.
- My online personal training business: I continue to work with great clients in my online PT program. I put boot camp on hold this winter to give me more time to focus on my digital marketing business, but plan to start back up in the spring. I also enjoy occasional one-time consults for online PT clients.
- DVD sales: Wow, it’s been so humbling receive orders and ship DVDs all over the world. I LOVE hearing testimonies from ladies who do my Fit Pregnancy DVD through their pregnancies, and then purchase the Body After Baby Boot Camp DVD to get in shape postpartum. So cool!
- Gym clients: I still meet clients in the gym 4 or 5 days per week. While I absolutely love my time in the gym, I am planning to scale back to 3 times per week to allow me more time to spend with my family and on my other business ventures. It will be hard to scale back, but it’s also important for me to assess ROI and my activity log to be sure I’m making the best use of my time. After 9 years of personal training, I am confident that it is absolutely a career that I will continue for as long as I’m physically able, but the time invested might start looking different as my kids gets older.
- Mentorship program: I have some incredible ladies in my business mentorship program. It is such an honor to be able to train women on how to develop a successful wellness or digital marketing business, and be able to work from home with their babies while still bringing in a significant salary. After working in the corporate world and holding an 8-5 job, I am sure that self-employment and a work-from-home scenario is the best fit for me. I love to help other women make this their reality as well.
- Ecommerce start-up: This winter, I’ve had the privilege of becoming a project lead on a new e-commerce start-up (think Pinterest+Etsy). I am working with some phenomenal people, and have already learned so much from driving the business and legal side of the process. I’ve been interfacing with people who I would likely never meet otherwise, and it’s been an awesome experience so far. Stay tuned for details on our site launch.
Phew — as you can imagine, I have been a tiny bit busy (but I’m not complaining because it is all self-inflicted and enjoyable). I recently listed to a book called, “Getting Things Done” by David Allen. I recommend it for streamlining processes and getting more organized in general.
This winter, I was able to hire a good friend and PR/social media marketing professional to help me with several of my “Tress Marketing Solutions” clients. However, I am looking for more help. Do you have experience with social media strategy, analytics, content creation, community management, and assessing ROI? Do you have a “can-do” attitude and thrive in a position where you can be creative? Are you a self-starter who does not need much hand-holding and oversight from your boss? If, so — apply for this position! For the first month, the position will be structured more like an internship to see if we’re a good fit. Moving forward, there will be more pay and more responsibilities.
5 thoughts on “Now Hiring”
So busy! But productivity is a beautiful thing 🙂 I so wish I had the credentials, but unfortunately all I have is the “can do” attitude! Hope you find a perfect fit!
Aw, well — the CAN DO attitude is a huge part of the equation!!! 😉
You are really inspiring, and encouraging. I would love to pursue fitness/nutrition for a living but I don’t have a degree… are there any certifications one can get without college education?
Hi! Absolutely. You can get a PT certification without a college education. Feel free to email me for info about a great online PT cert course I can register you for $148 🙂
$148? That seems really low, compared to the $500-$1000 I’ve been looking at… I’ll definitely get in touch with you over the next week. Thanks so much!