Cole is 4 months old. I can hardly believe he is already getting so big, but at the same time, it seems like ages ago that I was pregnant and went through labor and delivery.
Here’s what Cole is up to:
- At four months, he’s still exclusively breastfed. We’ve tried to feed Cole formula two times when I was at the gym in the evenings … but he’s not at all interested. So, I’m still only breastfeeding and pumping at this point. In two months, I will try to feed him some solids. This time around, I will likely just hand him a banana and see what he does with it — versus trying to get super scientific or creative about making baby food.
- Cole loves to stand. Whether in his exersaucer or on my lap … he wants to be standing. He’s not even a huge fan of the Bumbo because he prefers to have his little leggies straight. Who knows — maybe he will walk very early?
- He sleeps through the night a few times per week — but not 100% consistently yet. This past week he slept over 10 hours straight, 3 nights in a row, and then had an off night where he was up twice. Every time I think we’ve figured out the perfect formula (right PJs, perfect room temp, down at a certain time, etc), he surprises me by being up in the night to eat. Keeps me on my toes I guess.
- Cole loves grabbing onto his toys and holding them tight. He has a super man grip. If he gets a hold of my hair — forget it! I have to pry his little fingers off. That is one big reason I cut my hair short when Emma was around his age.
- My little rolly polly is capable of rolling from back to front, etc, but doesn’t seem to see the need at this point. He still prefers to stay in the same spot I leave him in if I lay him down (I’m not complaining).
- Giggles and smiles are his favorite thing to do — especially with daddy. It took Cole and Brandon a few months to bond, but now they are good buds. However, the person who can get the most smiles out of Cole is Emma. She is such a good big sister.
Overall, the transition from one baby to two has been very smooth for our family. It’s especially doable when Brandon and I are both home and we can each take one baby. It’s like man-on-man defense. I think it helps a lot that Cole is such a good baby — otherwise it might not be so easy! Personally, I am having even more fun with him that I did with Emma as a baby. With our first, we were totally clueless. Now with Cole, I don’t have to spend time Googling things like, “How to give a baby a bath.” 🙂
Physically, I feel pretty good for having my second baby 4 months ago. However, I definitely still have some work to do. The biggest area for improvement is my nutrition intake. Once I start tightening up my eating even more, my abs will make their appearance again. I am also working to bulk my backside a bit since I lost my butt in the third trimester of pregnancy. 🙂 I am focusing on some heavier lifting and continuing with my Body After Baby Boot Camp DVD moves. I’ll be sure to post a progress pic in a few months!