It’s my 27th birthday today and my last day of being 27 weeks pregnant! I love birthdays because it’s a great time to reflect on the past year and make some goals for the next year.
First a quick pregnancy update: I seriously popped out this week! I am feeling VERY pregnant, and having a hard time sleeping because if I lay on my back, my lungs get squished making it hard to breathe, and if I lay on my side, my plevis is super sore (very weird … and I the only one with that problem?). Here is a super fast run down of my workouts this week:
- Day 1: 1 hour of plyos with a client
- Day 2: 4 hours of plyos, running, and pilates with clients
- Day 3: rest
- Day 4: 6 miles of running outside, 65 stair climbs (see photo), and 20 minutes of cardio machines with clients
- Day 5: rest
- Day 6: 2 hours of cardio machines with clients
- Day 7: 1 hour of cardio machines with a client
The 26th year of my life was a whirlwind, but overall, a fantastic year. Emma turned 1, learned to walk (and run), started talking, developed a super fun personality, and is well on her way to being potty trained. I got pregnant with our second and found out it’s a BOY, and have enjoyed a great pregnancy so far.
My career took some new turns: I was able to pour a good bit of time into my web marketing consulting business and pick up some fabulous clients. I’ve taken my personal training business to the next level — I became a FitFluential and SweatPink Ambassador, was featured in magazines, appeared on TV a few times, started a successful online PT element, produced a DVD, and rumor has it I will be in the next issue of Oxygen magazine this coming month (siked).
Year 26 was fabulous, but I am so excited about what my 27th year will bring. I end full-time web-marketing work at the end of this month for my company after 5 years of service, which will provide me SO MUCH more time to pursue my own passions (not to mention spending far more focused time with the babies). Here are some of my goals for this year!
- Choose a charity to give a portion of all proceeds from my Fit Pregnancy DVD sales (any ideas for me?)
- Maintain a fit pregnancy until Baby Boy’s delivery
- Bounce back quickly from labor and delivery and produce a post-pregnancy DVD
- Develop a Fit Pregnancy eBook and sell it on my site
- Develop a Pregnancy Nutrition eBook and sell it on my site
- Teach Emma how to go poo on the potty chair
- Nurse Baby Boy successfully for 10 months
- Ramp up my web-marketing clients and do more consulting with bloggers (my favorite clients)
- Add a media kit to my site
- Run a half marathon
- Get involved in a Bible study at church
- Finish my church’s website (I am working on it now)
- Buy or build a bigger house or work on contentment
- Start an off-shoot of my consulting company for women who want to start their own PT business
- Appear on TV to promote fit parenting
- Finish Baby Boy’s nursery
- Develop a 6 pack after Baby #2
- Paint all the baseboards in my house
- Pay off the small car loan on my new SUV Baby Mobile
- Look into developing a fitness clothing brand for my plus size gym clients
- Come up with more business ideas to produce passive income
- Plan and take a trip with just me and the hubs before
- Pass my anatomy and physiology exam (continuing ed)
- Help each and every one of my gym clients reach their goals
- Teach Emma how to kick a real soccer ball and throw a baseball
- Write goals and a checklist for every month of the year in order to be as productive as possible
- Slow time down and enjoy every possible minute (that doesn’t include poopy diapers) with Emma and Baby Boy
Whew! That list just scratched the surface of what I am hoping to accomplish this year. I will pray for continued blessings on my family and hope to make the most of my 27th year of life.
What are some of your goals for this year?