Throughout this pregnancy, I have gotten some pretty ridiculous comments from guys. Most of the comments were during my workouts, and most of the guys were single (not surprisingly) and totally clueless. Here is a handful of the comments. And trust me, these are verbatim …
- “So…are you not running as much anymore?” – Clueless guy referring to my tiny bump protruding at around 18 weeks.
- “So, I see you in the gym a lot training clients, but do you not have time for your own workouts?” – Obviously this guy thinks I look like I’m gaining weight, but tries to be nice about it.
- “Is that pudge?” – This time I was over 20 weeks pregnant, and a guy seemed to notice my bump for the first time.
- “Do you not do ab exercises much?” – Yeah, I really got that question at about 19 weeks.
- “You should work your abs more.” – This time, a guy realized I was pregnant and was just being an idiot.
- “Are you pregnant?” Me – Yes! “OK, good, because I didn’t just want to assume you were getting fat.” – This guy is not the king of tact, and it’s obvious why he’s still single!
- “WOW, you got HUGE!” – How am I supposed to respond to that? Thanks?
- “Are you pregnant or are you just carrying a watermelon under your shirt to eat later?” – Random cop shouts this to me as I’m running past him. I asked if he was carrying an elephant under his shirt to eat later.
Those are just a few of the many comments I got in the gym. Here are a few that my husband has said lately that I recommend against.
- “Wow, you’re getting chunky!” – At around 15 weeks he put that comment on my FB profile picture.
- “This pregnancy feels like it’s going so fast!” – Glad one of us thinks that!
- “This pregnancy has been so easy. We’ve had no complaints.” – He said that earlier this week…I’m 32 weeks now and more than willing to start complaining if he really thinks it’s that easy!
So, did you receive any obnoxious comments during your pregnancy? Or do you workout at a gym with smarter guys? 🙂