Weight Gain During Pregnancy

Weight gain during pregnancy continues to be a hot topic. I am currently 30 weeks, and at the 20 lb weight gain mark. I gained a couple/few lbs per week early in the second trimester, but for me, the weight increase slowed down quite a bit after week 26. At my last doctor visit, I was told Baby Girl weighs in at the 67th percentile, and I have another appointment tomorrow, so we’ll see how much bigger she’s gotten. I know my belly has seemed to torpedo out (according to my husband), so I’m sure she’s gotten quite a bit bigger!

For you pregnant ladies out there – how much have you gained so far? How many weeks along are you?

For you hot mommas out there – how much did you gain during pregnancy? As I’ve said before, it seems like 1 lb per week is more rare than we are led to believe. I have seen a few doctors at my OB/GYN this pregnancy – one doctor told me that an 18 lb weight gain for me would be reasonable (what?!?!?), the other keeps saying 1 lb per week, and the third said up to 40 lbs would be normal. Wow, that’s enough to leave me confused. I’m so glad that I finally resolved to stop worrying about the weight gain, continue living my consistent healthy lifestyle, and enjoy pregnancy!

* Update to this blog: At the end of my pregnancy, I had gained a total of 28 lbs. I felt great, and had no swelling. My pregnancy weight gain was truly all “baby weight”. I really wish I had never purchased a scale during pregnancy. I was eating right and exercising, and that’s what mattered.  Some weeks I gained 3 or 4 lbs, and some weeks, I didn’t gain anything. Unfortunately, my doctors “prescription” to gain 1 lb per week made me worried when I didn’t gain enough, and discouraged when I gained more than the magic 1 lb. At the end of the day, my body did what it needed to do to make a baby! After delivery, I was nearly back to my pre-pregnancy size and weight within a week. It is certainly worth it to eat well and continue with an exercise program throughout pregnancy! Best wishes!

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Weight Gain During Pregnancy

1. Mom to be says:

I’m 23 weeks along and have gained about 18 lbs so far (it often varies a pound or two for a few days before ‘sticking’)

• Amanda Tress says:

Mom to be – that sounds very healthy! Are you working out and eating well? I went to my 30 week appointment this Monday, and the Dr. said my measurements were “perfect”. I’m at 21 lbs gain right now, but it’s all belly, boobs, and butt at this point. haha.

2. Brittany says:

Amanda! This is a great blog you’ve started. 😉 I had my son over 10 months ago ! So excited to hear you are expecting!! 🙂
    Brittany B. (formerly Kovlak)

3. Jerry Ulmer says:

I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

• Amanda Tress says:

Thanks so much Jerry! I appreciate that feedback. I also had a hard time finding worthwhile information when I first became pregnant. I hope this blog continues to be a good resource for you! Have a great day!

4. Branden says:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having
    a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

5. anchor says:

Remember that drivers license the test. This judge has a long way in which
    the car, challenging the roadside sobriety test many officers conduct the procedures
    of the work place, you will be put in state imprisonment.
    Most lawyers in your DUI charge in court, but things do happen, and your family’s
    financial situation and even might provide online official help.